Independent Environments, Inc. (IEI) provides 24-Hour Residential and Community Day Support Services to adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities (I/DD). It is our mission to assist the people we support in living healthy and happy lives by fully participating in home, community and family life. IEI is proud to have beautiful, well-kept homes and long-term employees who truly enjoy and value what they do.
IEI is currently looking to hire reliable direct support professionals to join our team and assist individuals in personal care and daily activities, including outings in our local community to concerts, festivals and more. We have full and part time positions available across all shifts!
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for full time employees
- Accrued paid time off
- Flexible work schedules
- Employee assistance programs
$11.00-$11.44, depending on experience in supporting adults with I/DD
Increase in hourly wage after completion of initial 90-days of employment
- At least 18 years old with high school diploma or GED
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License with acceptable driving record
- Ability to regularly lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Pass a State/Federal criminal history check that may include fingerprints
- Assist clients with daily living activities
- Communicate ongoing care results and updates to relevant parties
- Collaborate with clients and families for best care opportunities
- Maintain a healthy and comfortable living environment
- Previous experience in personal care or other related fields
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
On the job training:
We provide initial on the job orientation for a minimum of two to four weeks, including classroom style and in home trainings. Classroom trainings include 1st Aid, CPR-AED, Blood Borne Pathogens, Direct Support Professionalism and Mandatory Abuse Reporting. In home trainings include the proper support of individuals and documentation, safety training in ergonomics, food handling and household and vehicle operations.
To apply online, click the box below
Visit our administrative offices between the hours of 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM and pick up an application in person. We are located at:
Independent Environments, Inc.
696 Country Club Road
IEI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, age, race, ethnic background, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or political beliefs and affiliations.